Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Eagle Sanctum

Okay, I'm up to 413 posts on my original blog at Losantiville. I started that blog back in Oct 2007 as a way of developing my thoughts for my classes at the college. Like all blogs, it took several different turns but it seems to have found its niche in world affairs and national defense (with occasional detours for homeland security and local politics).

Writing Losantiville has sharpened my observations on world affairs but also on the mundane. I note things around the college or just walking around my town. Those travels allow me to observe things that are interesting enough to write about but just don't seem to fit on Losantiville. I've dabbled with Facebook and Twitter but those platformslimiting. I like the free flowing thoughts I can create on a blog without limitation. Hence Eagle Sanctum was created to give me a place to share my other thoughts.

I was trying to come up with a name that spoke to what I will try to do here. I was a colonel which in the US military is symbolized by the eagle. As a senior officer, you sometimes needed to be alone with your thoughts (a sanctum if you will). Eagle Sanctum thus is a place for a retired colonel to reflect on my thoughts. No this will not turn into some moody, introspective monologue. I hope to write about some of my other interests here in Eagle Sanctum.

I have interests in shooting, cooking, self-defense, martial arts, and have discovered a passion for bourbon. Each of those topics have a number of subsets and tangents within them. I may ramble one day about the virtues of the Sig Sauer P220 and the next day wax about Van Morrison.

No comments:

Post a Comment